Falls 26, 2005; Surf Ballroom, 1999; and Charles, Vasa, Minnesota, 2002 by Alec Soth
Welcome back to our Week In Review, a short-and-sweet round-up of the week's best photo links and stories.
- We just closed Tod Lippy's round of Curator's Choice (we'll be announcing the winner in a newsletter very soon).
- Our fifth and final Guest Curator is Alec Soth. Yes, Alec Soth. We couldn't be more excited to help you get your work in front of his eyes. (And be up for a sweet Little Brown Mushroom prize pack)
- Work by three HHS! contenders: Erica Allen, Amy Stevens, and Jordan Tate is featured in The New Skew on view at the Center for Photography at Woodstock til the end of August.
- Larissa Leclair has launched the Indie Photobook Library with HHS! Panelist Darius Himes, Andy Adams, Shane Lavalette and Gabrielle Reed on the advisory board.
- Fraction Mag Issue 17 is online, featuring the work of Curator's Choice winner Phil Underdown and a review of Little Brown Mushroom's adult storybook Bedknobs & Broomsticks by Trent Parke
- The newly created Photography Council at the Milwaukee Art Museum is hosting its first benefit, Exposure, a silent auction with works by photographers Colleen Plumb, Brian Ulrich, Jon Gitelson and many more on Wednesday, August 4th.
The Deadline Approaches!
We are trudging into August, the dog days of summer (and the fifth month of HHS! 2010), but things aren't slowing down around here at all. In fact, we ran the numbers to show you just how many contenders we've featured. Might you be next?
We sincerely hope that you're enjoying reading our contender posts as much as we all enjoy writing them. We've seen some fantastic work so far—and such breadth—and we can't wait to look at and write about what all of you send us in this final stretch. Remember, the competition ends on August 22nd so don't dally. Get those entries in!