II. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
The information we gather from customers enables us to personalize and improve our services and to allow our users to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Website. We collect the following types of information from our customers:
- A. Personal Information You Provide Us:
We receive any information you provide to us and may store some of it. The types of Personal Information collected may include your name, shipping address(es), credit-card information, email address, IP address and browser information. We do not store credit-card information. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features. We use the Personal Information you provide to enhance your Website experience.
- B. Information Collected Automatically:
- Whenever you interact with our Website, we automatically receive and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, "cookie" information, and the page you requested.
- We may place, or allow our technology and advertising partners to place, on your computer "cookies" and "web beacons" (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, 1-by-1 GIFs, and web bugs), which are identifiers transferred to your computer through your browser that allow us to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited, advertisements viewed, by how many people and to engage in other reporting. These identifiers do not contain Personal Information about you. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser to prevent or limit your computer's acceptance of cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of our Website's features.
When we collect usage information (such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site), we only use this data in aggregate form, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. For example, this aggregate data tells us how often customers use parts of the Website, so that we can make the Website appealing to as many customers as possible. We may also provide this aggregate information to our partners, so that they can understand how often people use their services and our Website, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal online experience. We never disclose aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
- C. Email:
We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. This confirmation helps us make emails more interesting and improve our service. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, simply click on "Unsubscribe me from this list" at the bottom of any newsletter.
III. Will We Share Any of the Personal Information We Receive?
We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We share your Personal Information in personally identifiable form only as described below.
- A. Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: In certain situations, businesses we're affiliated with may sell items or provide services to you through the Website (either alone or jointly with us). You can recognize when an affiliated business is associated with such a transaction, and we will share your Personal Information with that affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction.
- B. Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
- C. User Profiles: User Profile information, including your name, email address, and other information ("User Submissions") may be displayed to other users if you chosen to enter such information on your User Profile. Again, any content (including without limitation images, captions, and comments) you voluntarily disclose for other users to view on the Website is not Personal Information; it becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others, and may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels.
- D. Communication About the Website: As part of the Website and Services, you may receive communications from us, whether by email or other means. We and our agents may send you email, contact you, or engage you in other communication that we or they determine relate to your use of the Website.
- E. Promotional Offers: We may send offers to certain users on behalf of other businesses. However, when we do so, we do not give the other business your name and address. If you do not wish to receive these offers, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- F. Business Transfers: We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Also, if we (or substantially all of our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, Personal Information would be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
- G. Protection of Hey, Hot Shot! and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with that law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Hey, Hot Shot!, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- H. With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
IV. Is Personal Information About You Secure?
Your User Profile is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
We endeavor to the privacy of your User Profile and other Personal Information we hold in our records, but we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
V. What Personal Information Can You access?
Through your User Profile, you may access and, in some cases, change certain information you've provided to us. The information you can view and update through your User Profile may change as the Website changes. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us at email@example.com.
VI. What Choices Do You Have?
- You can always opt not to disclose information to use, but keep in mind some information may be needed to take advantage of some of our special features.
- You may be able to add or update certain information as explained in Section V above. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- You may request deletion of your User Profile by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that some information may remain in our private records after deletion of your account.
VIII. Questions And Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a detailed message to email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Effective Date: November 11, 2010